Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Off Topic: using phrases the students use with glee

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE.  I am evil.  Yep, there is no getting around it.  I teach high school students and most of the time I absolutely love, love, LOVE my career choice.  However, sometimes (just every now and then) they can get to be....a bit....much. <sigh>  On those days I find that I get closer to that white jacket than ever before.  In order to keep myself from going, oh, I don't know, CRAZY! I will find humor in the oddest things.  Today, for instance, I realized that when my students use certain slang phrases that annoy me I find a way to use that phrase back in an equally annoying way.  For instance (student using slang phrase):  Me to student:  Oh my lord!  That is absolutely horrible!!!!!  Student:  (grinning and nodding head in such a way that shows he/she approves) “I know, right!"  And my new use of student slang (me using slang phrase) Student:  "Miss Harris, I can't believe you gave me that detention!  That sucks!!!"  Me to student: (grinning and nodding head in such a way that shows I approve) “I know, right!"  :D  

Listening to:  "She's a maniac" by Hall and Oats

3 comments:

  1. I liked your post. Yes I love my job for the most part as well, and I too do things that only I find funny. I do find great pleasure in Making the kiddos embarrassed through my awkward dances or horrible antiquated use of slang terms. Terms such as... " I dig." Or "What up Holmes?" "I'm down with the 411..." the options are endless. Also I didn't know that was Hall & Oates

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot that thing four told me to leave this...
    http://theadventuresofteaching.blogspot.com/
    Follow if you dare!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete