Friday, October 8, 2010

Thing 5

It is 5:47 pm, Friday.  I am waiting (at school of course) for THE game to start.  The West Mesquite Wranglers vs. the Poteet Pirates.  GO WRANGLERS!!!  :)  Just had to get that in.  Of course I am filling my free time by doing my homework.  :D  I have to be honest, I did not like/enjoy the Infinite Thinking Machine blog.  Maybe I am just to country/ADHD/boring to "get" it.  After skimming for about 30 seconds my eyes started to cross and I just HAD to get up and cook those cookies in my fridge.  I felt I was back in college learning about Maslow, Bloom, and all of those other old, dead guys.  That was wrong...I know.  I am a teacher...HOW can I down some of our truest founders?  I am not!  Truly!  Think about it...if those people could see most of the teachers now would they be proud or horrified?  I can see them now  "What!  You have had 50-100 years to improve on what we discovered/created and THIS is what you have to show for it?!"  It was not bad information that was there...it just seemed convoluted and jumbled.  It might have been my ADHD acting up, but I couldn't seem to make it "make sense".  I am going to visit it tomorrow when I am not so tired and respond back. 

The Tech Learning however...I was like a pig in a mud hole, or a cajun at a crawfish bowl, or a saint's fan at the Superbowl last year. lol  What is the first thing I see?  "10 sites for creating digital comics"  It was GREAT!!  I was on a clicking spree!  Digital comics?  YES!  Don’t Forget Your Audience! 5 Ideas To Connect with Real Audiences by Lisa Nielsen?  Well, my students could be considered an audience...YES!  I started the journey to learn several new things.  However, it is 6:30 and I have to go catch a football game.  Will let you know more tomorrow!  Wish us luck!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment