Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thing 6

I had actually completed step 6 over a week ago, however, the thought process keeps getting in the way.  Have I mentioned that I have grammar/spelling issues?  I am sure that that issue along with all the other issues you MUST think I am one VERY high maintenance girl-I assure you I am not!  (ok, maybe just a bit)  Long story short...It takes me a long time to publish anything.  I have to go over it with a fine toothed comb to make sure it sounds okay.  I have decided to let it go.  I will spell check and read it over once but that is it.

I went a bit...crazy with the rss feeds.  I still haven't figured out how to put in a link with the html codes but I figure I am safe b/c of the "link" button on blogger.  YEAH for blogger and their "link" button!  :D  I have been reading Karen's Challenge (see, link button...isn't it great?).  She is so much fun!  Reading her blogs about the future "things" I would be doing is what motivated me to get moving.  I promised myself I would go in order-I have a tendency to NOT go in order.  I am not sure if that is from the ADHD or just a personal bad habit started as a child, but I hardly ever do anything in the "proper" order.  Anyway, in "thing 13" it seems we will be making images?  She was so excited about it that it got me excited. :)  Thanks Karen!

I will speak briefly about two other blogs that I am subscribed to.  The first is New Dress A Day.  Yes, I not only cook...I sew as well!   LOL  New dress a day is about a girl that decides to make 365 dresses in 365 days and only spend $365.  It is amazing what she can do with some of the dresses she purchases.  It brings back memories from my high school days.  I have shown it to many of my students (I can not claim credit for teaching them to sew...that is the Fashion design teacher Mrs. Regan) whom love the concept and have taken on goals of their own.
The second is Bakerella.  Having been a cake decorator for many years I love the whimsical voice of this blog.  She has great ideas for baking and even has a book out about her "cake pops".  I do not comment very often (that whole "sounding like an idiot" thing) but I have several times on her blog.

I love to sew but my passion is cooking.  There was a guest speaker at West not to long ago that said "All great teachers have a hobby.  Something that they are passionate about."  What are you passionate about?

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're on thing 7 also... Now I don't feel so far behind. I am pretty sure I have to do at least one thing a day to get caught up. Boo perfectionism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're worried about the spelling and grammar, you could always type it out in Word, spell check, and then copy and paste it into your blog post. That might help you "relax" with your writing a little bit. I don't spell well either and had to get past the second-guessing of my writings. It's not easy, but you'll get there! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah, this is thing 6 instead of thing 7! :)

    ReplyDelete